The third week in multi-coloured March – filled with weather of all varieties (here in Victoria at least!), the last of the summer fruits and the first of the winter ones – brings us a super special time to celebrate both the Full Moon (in Libra this month) and the Autumn Equinox. Their energies are very complementary supporting release and balance.
Bring the Yin back in
Autumn is the time of year where we can take the hint from the leaves on the trees and really start to let go of the things that have become hard and dry and no longer nourish us. The leaves that were green – the beating heart of the tree, allowing the plant to feed itself – are changing. Their colours are turning orange and red and reminding us that we need to begin to ground again, to return to the energies of our sacral and root chakras, to reconnect with the earth – to slow and turn inwards again, accessing our own Yin energy once more after the firey heat and outward focussed Yang energy of summer.
Traditionally Autumn is a time to harvest and celebrate the glorious gifts we are receiving but at this time we also need to acknowledge that the soil, the earth that provides our food, now needs to rest. The warmth of summer is gently nestling behind us and the cold and dark of winter stretches ahead. But we know innately that we can’t experience light again without going through this period of winter, and darkness.
Harmony in equality
When the day and night are of equal length, this offers a powerful harmony between creation (that which occurs at night) and manifestation (which we bring forth during daylight). This allows the flow between creation and manifestation to be more seamless, moving with ease. There are no limits on what you can manifest during an Equinox, it is a time of new beginnings and in Autumn it is a time to acknowledge and express gratitude for what we have, and let go of what we no longer need, in order to make room for what we wish to bring forth.
Autumn Equinox is also known as Mabon and it brings us cool evenings and mornings, with days that can still be deliciously warm, gently moving us from summer to winter, with many of the pleasures of each season accessible. Some original Australians called it Eel season as the eels are fat and ready to head back out to sea to breed. Other animals are also breeding or preparing to hibernate. It is a time to turn our focus to home and family and that must always start with our relationship with ourselves.
This month’s Super Moon falls at zero degrees of Libra. Zero brings infinite potential and two other planets are aligned at this vibration at the same time, making for incredibly strong manifesting energy. We ourselves have finite amounts of energy and this is a great time to assess where we are spending it. To live our best lives we need to have balance between our energetic output and input. What gives you energy and what takes it away from you? Allow the insightful moon to help you work through these questions. The super bright lunar energy can make things very clear this month.
In April we have another Libra Full Moon, closing the loop of this manifesting energy portal. So, you have one lunar cycle to release, integrate and bring in the new, with a focus always, on balance.
How best to support yourself to do this? Use Evenstar 5 Star Wellbeing!
- Enjoy the last of the blue-purple summer berries to activate your ability to look inwards
- In order to cleanse and let go, practise intermittent fasting
- Support your liver with lemon, sesame, parsley, coriander and kale
- Increase insoluble fibre – veggies and legumes – to help your gut detoxify
- Slow moving practises such as yoga, tai chi, chi gong help to improve your balance, activate your body-spirit connection and allow you to release by healing the traumas held in your body
- A strong core is critical for good physical balance – this is a great time to take a core class or practise pilates
- Without enough good quality sleep, balance and detoxification are not possible – prioritise sleep at this time
- Ask the universe for advice in the form of dreams about the things you need to let go
- Spending time outdoors helps your whole self to recognise the changing of the seasons
- Releasing and detoxifying on the spiritual level will be helped by ensuring that your surroundings are toxin free too – it’s a great time of year to open windows for fresh air, use salt lamps and bees wax candles to assist ionic balance
- Use Lemongrass or Tea tree essential oils for cleansing your spaces; or Clear Quartz or Selenite crystals
- Use Litsea essential oil for manifestation; or Amber or Citrine crystals
- Create a ritual around the Full Moon and/ or the Autumn Equinox. It can be as simple as writing down what you are ready to release and an equal length list of what you want to bring into place, put the manifestation list underneath a candle which you then light to set the intention, and burn your releasing list with the candle
- Get out into the light of the super moon to activate your own innate creative energy
- Meditate using the breath, focussing on balance between your inhalation and exhalation
Mabon Balance Prayer
by Patti Wigington (Source: thoughtco.com)
Equal hours of light and darkness
we celebrate the balance of Mabon,
and ask the universe to bless us.
For all that is bad, there is good.
For that which is despair, there is hope.
For the moments of pain, there are moments of love.
For all that falls, there is the chance to rise again.
May we find balance in our lives
as we find it in our hearts.