At Evenstar Wellbeing, we offer brain training with the NeurOptimal® dynamical neurofeedback system.
What is NeurOptimal® neurofeedback?
Neurofeedback is a gentle, painless and non-invasive way of restoring balance within your central nervous system, of which your brain is the ‘controller’.
The NeurOptimal® neurofeedback system is a form of brain training – think of it like gym for your brain – that facilitates your brain’s natural propensity to want to improve its flexibility and resilience. The brain is constantly changing and constantly responding to changes both within itself and that it detects from elsewhere in the body and in the environment.
Watch a 5 minute explainer video here.
Why do I need NeurOptimal® neurofeedback brain training?
Many people have consistent and persistent behaviours or mental states that they’d like to change, such as:
- repetitive unhelpful thoughts
- negative thinking
- poor sleep management
- feeling flat or down
- emotional instability
Some people have more serious things going on, such as:
- traumatic brain injury
- sleeping disorders or insomnia
- brain fog
- poor focus or concentration
- trying to achieve Peak Performance
These are all things that the NeurOptimal® neurofeedback brain training system has been found to be beneficial for.
Why NeurOptimal® neurofeedback?
NeurOptimal® is the only Dynamical neurofeedback system available in the world. It was developed by clinical psychologists and researchers over many years and has been around for more than a decade. More than 4 million brain training sessions have been done so far!
All other neurofeedback systems are linear which means that they only detect the frequency and amplitude of brain activity. Linear neurofeedback is a treatment based on a diagnosis and is invasive – it pushes the brain in a certain direction based on what a practitioner has programmed it to do.
Dynamical neurofeedback, as well as detecting frequency and intensity (amplitude) of brain activity also detects duration and shift (changes in) brain activity. Most importantly though, dynamical neurofeedback is simply a training feedback loop. It works through the brain detecting its own changes and responding or changing in response to those changes, constantly moving towards greater resilience and flexibility. Therefore it is completely non-invasive, completely devoid of conscious effort and completely free of negative side-effects.
What benefits am I likely to see from NeurOptimal® neurofeedback brain training?
- improved mental acuity
- improved focus and concentration
- improved stress management
- feeling more confident, calm and certain
- reduced anxiety (including performance and sports anxiety)
- improved ability to multi-task and problem solve
- enhanced learning capacity and ability to follow instructions
- improved self esteem
- improved sleep management and sleep habits
- increased sense of refreshment upon waking up
- improved ability to relax
- more good days than bad
- promotion of general wellness
- increased flexibility and resilience making coping with everyday life – regardless of what that looks like – easier
Have more questions? Check out our FAQs here, or find out how you can do NeurOptimal brain training sessions here.