It was wonderful to get Deepa Kannan ( Allied Functional Medicine Practitioner and Functional Nutritionist) from Phytothrive back onto the podcast to discuss one of her speciality subjects - Sleep!
In this episode we discuss:
- why Deepa chose to specialise in Sleep after a lifetime of sleep challenges of her own
- the underlying causes of poor sleep, including:
- circadian rhythm disturbance (including from blue light)
- adrenal disfunction
- brain health
- quality of relationships
- thyroid health
- Deepa's approach to helping someone who has a sleep maintenance issue (ie. waking in the middle of the night and unable to resettle)
- tracking devices for understanding your sleep - pros and cons
- what is going on when someone wakes up not feeling refreshed
- nutrition and supplements for sleep
If you love this show, please leave us a review. Go to RateThisPodcast.com/5starwellbeing and follow the simple instructions.
If you'd like to catch up on Deepa's last interview with me on Episode #5, all about Hormones, check it out below.
As she mentioned, Deepa has a podcast called The Sleep Whisperer, which you can find on all podcasting platforms.
If you know someone who’d rather watch a video of the interview please send them here.
To connect with Deepa head over to: https://phytothrive.com/
Deepa is a Functional Nutritionist, Author and a Yoga Acharya with decades of experience in the wellness field. She brings together her experience in therapeutic & transformational yoga and deep learning in nutrition based on the principles of functional medicine to her practice Phytothrive. The focus has been on merging together the deep science of the functional world with the deep symbolism of ancient wisdom. She has a masterful understanding of the human anatomy with cohesive understanding of physiology to offer what can be classified as true bio-individual mind, body & spirit nutrition. Having a son with a rare adrenal condition gave her a deep insight into the working of the adrenals and the stress response, as it relates to all health and sleep.
Her articles have been shared by Dr Mark Hyman, MD, a 13 times NY Times Bestselling Author twice. She also gave the opening speech on Health Hacks at Amazon Web Services & YourStory HeathTech 2019 to heads of healthcare start-ups in India. Deepa has twenty years of experience in wellness, where she has focus on sleep nutrition, women’s health, detoxification, skin health and adrenal function. She is in the YourStory100 Digital Influencers Of 2020. She is the host of The Sleep Whisperer Podcast with audience from the United States, India, Russia, Canada, Australia, Germany, New Zealand, Austria, Spain and several other countries.
Looking to connect?
Join the privateEvenstar Wellbeing Facebook Group to equip, educate, and empower yourself to get your energy and balance back. And keeping it that way. Feel free to check out our services which help to get your energy back in just 7 days.
- Complimentary Wellbeing Audit - Book a FREE audit with Arwen NOW!N
- Nourish & Heal the Whole You – health coaching
- Relax & Heal the Whole You – healing services