Your Rights in Relation to Privacy
Evenstar Wellbeing understands the importance of protecting the privacy of an individual’s Personal Information and adopts the Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
Kinds of Personal Information
During the provision of our services or through your use of our Website (including by purchasing Products), Evenstar Wellbeing may process your Personal Information. Personal Information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not it is recorded in a material form.
The kinds of Personal Information we process may include:
- contact details such as your full name, business or personal addresses, email addresses, skype addresses and phone numbers;
- your date of birth;
- your occupation;
- billing information, including credit card details.
Whilst you are not under any obligation to provide us with your Personal Information, please be aware that we may be unable to provide you with our full range of services or Products unless we have received certain information from you.
You must notify Evenstar Wellbeing as soon as reasonably practicable of any changes to the Information provided to us by you, or if you are aware of any inaccurate, out of date, misleading or false information.
Sensitive Personal Information
Evenstar Wellbeing may also process Sensitive Personal Information about you where we have your explicit consent and where it is necessary for us to perform our services.
The kinds of Sensitive Personal Information we process may include:
- health information;
- history of serious illnesses and surgeries;
- information about medications used by you;
- details of your general wellbeing (including patterns and habits relating to your sleep, diet, meditation and exercise).
Sensitive Personal Information may be required in order to provide you with our services, such as in preparing a reiki consultation best suited to your needs or administering aromatherapy massages.
Collection of Personal Information
Generally, Evenstar Wellbeing will collect your Personal Information through:
- direct contact with you, whether in person or over the phone, email or post;
- the completion of online forms; or
- provision of our services or consultations with you.
When you use our Website, the following information may be logged for statistical purposes and for the purposes of marketing and advertising to you:
- the date and time of your visit to our Website;
- your IP address;
- pages that you accessed and documents downloaded; and
- the type of browser you were using.
Cookies may be used on our Website. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard drive for record keeping purposes. We collect Cookies in order to allow our Website to function properly, to monitor aggregate site usage data such as total number of visitors and pages viewed and to enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the Website. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies and do not personally identify the user.
Purpose of Collection
We may require your Personal Information in order to provide you with our services, including (but not limited) to:
- provide you with consultations;
- provide you with services over the telephone or Skype;
- allow you to book our services online;
- administer our services to you in person;
- respond to your enquiries via our Website;
- provide you with Products that you have purchased;
- invite you to events and seminars; or
- accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes;
Evenstar Wellbeing may also use and disclose your Personal Information in order to inform you of products and/or services that may be of interest to you. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you may, at any time, request not to receive direct marketing communications from us or use any opt-out mechanism provided and we will comply with that request.
Your Rights in relation to your Personal Information
Evenstar Wellbeing respects your rights in relation to your Personal Information. To the extent required by law, Evenstar Wellbeing will comply with any request made by you to:
- know how we are using your Personal Information;
- know what Personal Information is being held about you;
- correct inaccurate Personal Information held by us about you;
- erase Personal Information about you (subject to any requirement for us to keep records under other laws, such as taxation legislation);
- restrict the use of your Personal Information (understanding that this may affect our ability to provide services or Products to you); and
- obtain a digital copy of your Personal Information.
You may direct any request to our Privacy Officer, whose contact details are listed below.
Collection of Personal Information by Third-Parties
You may be redirected and asked to submit Personal Information to third-party entities in the course of accessing our services or receiving our products through our Website.
We engage the services of booking agent ‘10to8’ to assist us to book your appointments. When you select ‘Book Now’ on our website, you will be redirected to the 10to8 website, www.10to8.com, and will need to create an account with 10to8 before you are able to make an appointment with us. You will need to submit Personal Information to 10to8 to create an account and make an appointment.
We offer some consultations over the telephone and through telecommunications software, including ‘Skype’. You will need to download the Skype software and create an account with Microsoft in order to access consultations over Skype. You will need to submit Personal Information to Skype to create an account.
We highly recommend that you read any third parties’ privacy policies prior to submitting any Personal Information. These may be found by clicking on the links below:
Whilst you are not under any obligation to provide any third-party with your Personal Information, please be aware that we may be unable to provide you with our full range of services or Products unless you do so.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Evenstar Wellbeing may disclose your Personal Information to third parties such as other service providers, suppliers or marketing agencies. We limit the information provided to third party providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our contracts with them require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
We will not otherwise disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent or unless required by law.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Overseas Recipients
Some of the entities that we share Personal Information with may be located in, or have operations in, other countries. This means that your Personal Information may be stored or accessed in overseas countries, including the United Kingdom.
Our contracts with overseas entities with whom we share your Personal Information require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
Security of Your Personal Information
Evenstar Wellbeing takes reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we hold is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. These steps include use of anti-virus software, firewalls, password protection and other access and authentication controls.
In the event that your Personal Information is subject to a data breach, Evenstar Wellbeing will comply with all mandatory statutory notification requirements.
Generally, Evenstar Wellbeing holds your Personal Information electronically, but may from time to time hold your information in paper form also.
Evenstar Wellbeing will destroy your Personal Information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless required by law to retain the information.
How You May Access Your Personal Information
Under the Privacy Act and the GDPR, you have a right to access and seek correction of your Personal Information that is collected and held by us.
If at any time you would like to access or correct the Personal Information that we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer:
To obtain access to your Personal Information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity to ensure that Personal Information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- you will need to be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- Evenstar Wellbeing may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to us for providing access in accordance with your request.
If we refuse your request to access or correct your Personal Information, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms.
Please direct all privacy complaints to our Privacy Officer. At all times, privacy complaints will be treated seriously and dealt with in a prompt and confidential manner.
You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation, which will take no more than 30 days.
In the event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.