Last Virgo recipe as we head into the last week of Virgo Season!
This time I’m setting a bit of a challenge for you Virgos out there because this is a bit of a choose your own adventure recipe! I’m going to give you the basic Yoghurt Panna Cotta recipe (from BBC Australian Good Food) because Virgos need to look after their gut health so probiotic foods such as yoghurt are a must. However, how you choose to flavour it and what you serve it with is up to you. If you want to go all out Virgo then you could do citrus, chocolate, hazelnuts, figs or dates. Berries are always popular with panna cotta, as per the picture, and are wonderful for everyone because they’re full of antioxidants, phytonutrients, fibre, vitamins and minerals. Just please only use organic berries!
Let me know what you do.
– Yoghurt Panna Cotta (serves 500ml cream (biodynamic preferably)
– 140g honey (local to you)
– 1 1/2 tbs powdered gelatine (organic)
– 500g greek style yoghurt (organic/ biodynamic)
– 2 tsp flavouring (of your choice eg. orange flower water, rose water, vanilla, dessert wine)
1. Grease the dish you are going to set your panna cotta in, either seperate 150ml moulds or one large one.
2. Add cream and honey to a saucepan and heat on medium heat, stirring until honey dissolves. Increase heat then remove pan from heat just before the mixture boils.
3. Whisk in the gelatine and set the mixture aside for 10 mins.
4. Fold in the yoghurt and flavouring of choice.
5. Pour mixture into prepare dish/es and cool for a while before covering and refrigerating for 4-48 hours.
6. Serve with additions of your choice.