Are you always second guessing yourself? Do you find it hard to ‘listen to your gut’ or follow your intuition? When that voice inside you is telling you what you need to know, do you struggle to externalize it and say what is true for you, and be true to yourself?
If any of these things sound like you, you may have an imbalance in your fifth chakra – the throat chakra, which is located in the middle of your throat. Its proper name is Vishuddha, and it is the energetic centre of truth. The 7 Chakras are the main energy centres of the body and are active on all energetic levels – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. There are many other smaller energy centres in the body that follow the energy pathways, or meridians.
Physical manifestations of throat chakra imbalance
On the physical energetic level a throat chakra imbalance may present itself through speech disorders, neck and shoulder pain, nose and sinus problems, as well as of course any problems of the throat or mouth, including dental problems. So again if any of these physical issues are true for you, you may want to consider the energetic balance of your throat chakra.
Why does it matter?
So why should you care about the throat chakra balance? The problem with not listening to and following your intuition is often that the decisions you make as a result are not the best decisions. The problem with not speaking your truth is that you begin to feel like you don’t have a voice. You feel disenfranchised and unimportant and you begin to doubt yourself even more. Then you become stuck in a cycle of negative energy.
What can you do to bring your throat chakra back into balance?
- Reiki – in order to break that cycle of negative energy reiki will help you to bring this chakra (and all others) back into balance, enabling you to access your voice and listen to your intuition
- The 4 Ss – Sound is the etherical element of the throat chakra and making sounds are great for rebalancing it! Afterall, this chakra is often out of balance because you have not been making enough true sounds – speaking what is true for you and comes from inside of your true self. The flow of energy in the throat chakra can be blocked by the lies that we tell ourselves. To start with, observe anything that you are in denial about (‘I don’t have a problem with alcohol, 2 glasses every night is fine’. ‘I don’t need to exercise because I’m pretty thin’. ‘6 hours sleep a night is enough for me’), and release that denial to rebalance the chakra. Start to ‘Speak your truth’ – be honest with yourself, and in important situations with other people. The other two Ss are – singing and sighing. Make sure when you sigh that you make a noise with it, don’t just release the air!
- Journaling – many people do really struggle to say what is inside of them. If this is you then never fear! Start writing all that stuff down instead. This is especially important for truths you may be denying to yourself! A journal is a diary that is for your eyes only so you can say whatever you like. Just start writing! Don’t worry about spelling or grammar either – literally record your train of thought! Journaling can also be useful for those times that you just can’t be truly honest because you don’t want to cause harm to someone else – you don’t want to hurt their feelings or get someone in trouble, or a multitude of other reasons that come from a place of kindness and empathy.
- Movement – when rebalancing any of our chakras it is useful to move the physical body where the chakra is located. For the throat chakra, rotating your head so that the throat is stimulated will be great – you can turn your head, nod your head or move it around in a clockwise direction. There are also yoga poses that are great for throat chakra, such as the seated spinal twist. So if you practice yoga and want to know more please contact me or speak to your yoga instructor.
- Meditation – mediation is always wonderful for rebalancing chakras. Turn your focus to the throat and feel the energy there. Visualise a beautiful blue vortex of light spinning clockwise, and getting stronger and more powerful as you focus on it.
- Affirmation – say affirmations daily – look yourself in the eye in the mirror, feel true love for yourself as you say them: I trust myself and my intuition, I am comfortable speaking my truth, I am an honest expression of my true self, I am grateful to be able to easily express myself.
- Other tools – essential oils: DoTerra blends such as Console or InTune, or individual oils including Lavender and Oregano; crystals such as Aquamarine, Turquoise or Lapis Lazuli. Wearing the colour blue – this can just be a piece of jewellery or underwear if you don’t like the colour!
If you would like any further information about accessing your intuition and being true to yourself through energetic balance – or anything else! – then please contact me.
If you are ready to tap into your intuition, and access your voice now, book a time for a brilliant balancing session with me!